I spied this post by Scandi Foodie and was reminded about how much I love soba noodles. Uncomplicated, refreshing, cooling, delicious. I love a small bowl of the noodles with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, sliced shallots and a drizzle of ponzu sauce.
So why not make some, ey?
I was also making some Vietnamese rice paper rolls, so it turned into a sorta of Japanese/Thai fusion dish because I used whatever I had on hand. I'd recommend you do the same and not bother sticking to the recipe.
- 100g of soba noodles, cooked as per packet instructions and rinsed with cold water
- 1 small carrot (I used purple because they're sexy) shaved with a vegetable/speed peeler
- Around 20 snow pea sprouts, torn in half
- A few coriander, mint and Thai basil leaves, torn roughly with your hands
- 2 T ponzu sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- A small grating of garlic and ginger