Sunday, December 16, 2007

RESTAURANT: Chan’s Garden

Type: Chinese, Asian
Location: 78 Burwood Rd, Burwood
Booking Required: Sometimes

I went here months ago. So why not do a review now? Sure, okay.

Not a lot to write home about. It’s a fairly standard suburban Chinese joint. Bigger than the norm and nicely laid out.

The service was a little patchy, with dishes either taking too long to arrive or all arriving at once. But it was friendly throughout.

Most importantly, the food. Quite good, but lacking anything special. We had a pretty wide selection and nothing jumped out at me too much.

If I lived in Burwood I’d get takeaway from this place, but I can’t see myself going there to dine again. Especially with so many other interesting Asian places in Burwood begging to be tried. And I certainly haven't felt any pangs to return in the months since I first visited.

RATING: Will probably not return to

Chans Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments: